When Boutique pâtes eat out I’d like it to be special, consequently I don?t eat out often. You may have seen the advice on how exactly to shave calories at restaurants but really, are you wanting to pay high restaurant prices for undressed salads and plain steamed vegetables? If not, how then can you solve the dilemma of too many calories when you eat out?
Here are seven tips for obtaining the calories out of restaurant meals while still ordering your favorites.
1. Say NO to super sizing. The size you ordered has already been too large. Stop super sizing and you also?ll save money. Better still, order one dinner and ask for a supplementary plate. Many restaurants will do this for a dollar or two, and it?s well worth it. Then share the meal with your friend and you split the price straight down the center. Another option is to order from the so called ?appetizer? menu. Two people could order three entrees, one dessert and split the whole thing and it?s still a huge amount of food!
2. Skip the bread and rolls. Many family restaurants still serve a bread basket with your meal. Unless it?s a brand new baked loaf or some really special bread, just skip it. You don?t have to fill on ordinary bread when you?re paying good money for meals. Just require it to be taken away if you can?t resist, but in all honesty, you?re an adult, it is possible to resist, to be able to. You can simply choose not to put a roll on your plate. Try it, just once and see if you don?t walk out of that restaurant feeling strangely powerful.
If you can?t miss the rolls, at least skip the butter. That?s right. Eat it plain. Wholegrain bread is delicious all by itself.
3. Stop Ordering Drinks. Carbonated drinks certainly are a huge cash cow for restaurants. For pennies they sell you a squirt of syrup and carbonated water and become they?re doing you a large favor by only charging you $1.29 for a huge 64 ounce soda. Start saving those dollars. Especially if you?re ordering ?to go? miss the drink. If you?re eating it there, ask for water, or at the very least switch to diet drinks. Never drink ?fat pop.?
4. Slow Down YOU TAKE IN Too Fast! What?s the rush? Take your time, savor the moment, benefit from the flavors. A big section of phoning your hunger signals and learning to eat what really will satisfy is understanding how to recognize the subtle signs of hunger. You won?t know when you?re approaching satisfaction if you?ve gobbled everything down in 5 minutes. Take a bite then notice just how many times do you chew before you begin attempting to swallow? Once, twice? Make an effort to chew your food as well as your body will be much happier. A very large part of digestion begins in the mouth area, not to mention you?ll get much more pleasure if you let the food linger.
5. Trim Visible Fat and Skin. I know, you really love your skin?needless to say you do, it tastes good, it should, it?s pure fat. Do you want to get leaner, or do you want to eat fat? You select. I never eat chicken skin and never eat the visible fat hanging off a steak, good taste or no. You will need to decide what you want more, the next?s worth of pleasure of a yummy taste, or a lifetime of carrying around a supplementary 40 lbs? I know that is counter to the reduced carb crowd?s belief that fat is good, carbs are evil, but I?ve maintained an 80 pound weight reduction for 18 years without dieting and I don?t eat visible fat or skin. Enough said.
6. Ask for a Doggie Bag at the Beginning of Meal. Once the food is served, immediately portion off some to collect for tomorrow. Most restaurants in america serve way too much. There is absolutely no law you will need to eat it all. Do that frequently and soon you?ll find you?re getting an extra lunch out of this meal.
7. Get yourself a copy of Restaurant Confidential by Michael F. Jacobson and Jayne Hurley, and start checking out how many calories you?re really eating. If you eat out frequently and you also carry extra weight, then that?s most likely the problem right there. This little book will help you realize why it seems you don?t eat that much yet it is possible to?t lose any weight. Hardees recently introduced a fresh burger that clocks in at just under 1200 calories all by itself! Now that?s frightening.
If you really want to get a handle on your weight problem, look first to where you take in, second at everything you eat, and third how much you eat. Where, What and JUST HOW MUCH? Try these steps choosing one tip at the same time, and see how easily you can take some of the calories out of restaurant food.